Well, this time when I repaired the shorts I remembered to take pictures or ask Mrs. the Poet to take pictures. Just a note, Mrs. the Poet hates my phone for pretty much everything, but especially for taking pictures. Mostly I asked her to take pictures of steps in the process that required both hands to show, and two more hands to take pictures of the step.
So, the situation that needs repair, only one end of the drawstring exposed for tying.
Finding the right length for the drawstring before cutting.
Finding center and keeping the string from accidentally getting pulled through.
Melted the end to prevent fraying.
The first incision for the removal of the old drawstring.
What was left from the original drawstring.
Now the real work begins, threading the new string through the original tunnel from the old drawstring.
Twenty minutes later it’s time to start the other side.
The other side had more stuff to get around, and took about a half-hour to work, but finally.
And there you have it. Lots of pictures, not many words, and I can keep my favorite shorts up when I stand.